A father filed a lawsuit against Monster Energy Drink, claiming that it is responsible for the death of his 19 year old son.
In an original report from TMZ, it was revealed that 19 year old Dustin Hood had consumed three and a half of the 24 ounce cans in a 24 hour time span. The lawsuit claimed that Hood had passed out onto a basketball court after he had finished drinking the forth can back in 2015.
He was rushed rushed to the hospital, where he later died.
According to College Candy, TMZ cited that Hood had “died of cardiac arrhythmia that was triggered by a caffeine overload, aka an “acute consumption” of Monster Energy Drink, according to the lawsuit. “The suit claims 3 1/2 cans of Monster has the equivalent caffeine content of 14, 12 ounce cans of Coke.”
It wasn’t specified what damages the father is seeking in this lawsuit.